Health & Wellbeing
The success and performance of your organisation depends upon your employees being at the top of their game.
Investing in employee wellbeing is likely to lead to:
- a reduction in employee absence
- a reduction in employee turnover
- a reduction in the number of accidents and injuries, which is likely to lead to savings on insurance premiums and legal costs and compensation awards
- an increase in employee morale and satisfaction, because employees recognise that their employer values their wellbeing
- a reduction in management time being used to manage sickness absence and conduct disciplinary procedures and accident investigations
- a rise in the employer’s profile and an improved opportunity to recruit and retain high-quality staff
- an improvement in productivity, for example employee errors are likely to decrease, machinery-utilisation rates are likely to increase and employees are more likely to focus on their work
- an improvement in employees’ mental wellbeing, including enhanced resilience, greater creativity and a willingness to be flexible.
Workplace health and wellbeing promotion should be more than a series of standalone initiatives. While it is important for employers to introduce wellbeing programmes focused on individual wellbeing, for example healthy-eating campaigns or ‘get active’ programs, they should embrace an organisational approach that acknowledges the combined impact of a range of factors on employee wellbeing, including environmental, organisational and societal factors. This means putting together a wellbeing strategy that is embedded in the values and culture of the organisation.
Acting as trusted advisors, Momentum4 will help design, implement and deliver your organisation’s health and wellbeing strategy. Contact us now for more information.